CMG Sprinklers and Drains



Free Estimates 580-775-5075

A little background informantion.

My name is Blane Callen. I have owned and operated CMG Sprinklers and Drains since 1993.

CMG Is the first letter of my 3 kids first names. (Chance / Melissa / Garrett)

We install French Drains and Surface Drains when it is wet, and Sprinkler Systems and Sprinkler Repair when it is Dry

I rarely accept money up front for any job. I get paid when my customer is happy. The exception occurs on very large jobs. In this case I charge for parts up front. The parts are delivered directly to the customer's home by my parts supplier. The customer gets a copy of the parts invoice and all parts stay at the customer's home till the completion of the job.

More info on French Drains

Drain Definitions

French Drain --  A long trench is dug across the area that needs to be drained.  A perforated pipe is placed in the bottom of the trench.  In most cases the trench is less than two feet deep.  (There are exceptions)  A neoprene sock surrounds the outside of the pipe.  This is to keep debris and dirt from entering the pipe through the perforations in the pipe.  Some type of small rock or stone or gravel is placed on top of the pipe filling the trench such as limestone, river rock or pea gravel.  River rock looks the best and limestone is the cheapest to buy.  It depends on your taste.  Water then flows to the trench and filters through the stone or rock then seeps through the pipe perforations and then runs down the pipe to your exit point.
6 inch French Drain

Surface Drain -- A drain that is placed into the ground, sidewalk, or driveway. (etc.)  It has a grate on the top and a pipe to drain the water away to the exit point.  They come in many shapes and sizes and have many applications.
Surface Drain with Grate

Channel Drain -- A type of Surface Drain that is usually placed in cement or gravel.  It is used for putting a narrow drain across a drive way or sidewalk or pool deck.  It has a grate on top and is long like a gutter and similar in shape.

Basin Drain -- A type of Surface Drain that is usually square or round with a grate on top.  It comes in many sizes.  They are used in low spots in yards, flower beds, or gardens.  It can be set in concrete in a driveway, or pool decks or beside a sidewalk.  Some Surface Drains have fairly deep basin below the grate.  It is connected to a pipe which takes the water to an exit point.  Many times Sump pumps are put in the bottom of basin drains to pump water to the exit point if it is uphill in all directions from the basin drain.

Trench Drain -  This is like a French Drain with a special liner in the trench.  This is provides support to the trench walls when the surrounding soil is unstable.  It can also be used on a regular french drain to ensure maximum durability. 

Basement Drain -  Usually a Basin Drain placed in the floor of a basement with a sump pump in the bottom of the basin.  A pipe runs from the pump to outside.  This eliminates standing basement water.

Exit point -- Where you run your drain pipe to dump the water from your drain.  This is many times at the boundary of the property.

Pop up emitter --  A flat drain lid and housing placed at the end of a drain ( exit point).  When water flows down the pipe to the emitter, the lid pops open about an inch and water drains out.  It is one of several ways to drain water from an exit point.

Curb Fitting -- A drain pipe is run to a curb along a street or driveway. (exit point)   The curb is cut and the curb fitting is cemented in place to allow water to run through the curb into the street.